JOIN OUR VOLUNTEER PROGRAM AND GET A FULL THAI EXPERIENCE !
We are a tiny local village in Chiangmai, Thailand ,living in the town of San Pa Tong, about an hour’s journey southwest of the city of Chiang Mai. We are a quiet area, away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Our community/guest residence brings together local crafts and crafts people and international guests and volunteers. If you are looking for authentic Thai culture and a rejuvenating time in nature, San Pa Tong is a perfect place to be!
We are situated among beautiful greenery and near to local organic farms, peaceful monasteries, and have close access to mountains and hiking.
This is Thai culture Homestay community provides a place of employment to numerous handicraft masters and indigenous Hill Tribe Karen people who help us around the village and the homestay.
When you choose to come here you are supporting them, as well as a local community, a local charity, as well as you are helping to keep the handicrafts tradition alive.
If you are looking for authentic Thai culture and beautiful nature, this is the perfect place to be!
WE BELIEVE IT IS BETTER TO GIVE THAN TO RECEIVE
Cultural exchange and learning opportunities
During your stay, we will take you on a tour of the village to show you were monasteries, schools, and markets are located. We will be happy to teach you about local Thai culture.
History, Buddhism and many other topics. Here, we can organize activities such as teaching each other dances from all our cultures, learning Thai cooking ,etc. It is very relaxing and peaceful here. We welcome everyone to come and join our community in this mountainous province in northern Thailand.
In your free time you can participate in woodcarving, cooking, meditation, massages, visit an elephant camp, do yoga and experience MuayThai boxing and maybe even stay overnight in a local Temple. These activities are self-directed.
- THAI BOXING: Workshop with MUAY THAI “the art of eight limbs” Learn the traditional Thai Martial Art with a famous master at a local gym
- THAI COOKING: Workshop with Thai Cooking .You’ll also be able to learn how to cook traditional Thai dishes and go to local markets nearby.
- BUDDHISM: this place gives you the opportunity to learn about Buddhism through conversations with monks and visiting local monasteries.
- BUFFALO MARKET: Thai experience for a Saturday morning. Buffalo Market is a highly unusual and thoroughly A true farmers market that started 60 years ago as a weekly gathering of growers and traders, now become one of the largest weekend markets in Northern Thailand.
- WOOD CRAVING: We are part of a community with a strong cultural background in traditional woodcarving. You will be able to learn a lot about it and see the daily routine of handicraft masters. With this project we hope to promote woodcarving support it and make sure the tradition doesn’t fade way.
- THAI MASSAGE: Workshop Thai massage
- LOCAL FOOD STREET
We welcome people from all backgrounds who would like to contribute to our community and the broader town: language lessons, art projects, help with cooking and building, spending time with local elders, etc. The main task at the moment is to teaching by EASY ENGLISH conversation + PLAY games with children.
WE HAVE HOSTED OVER 350 VOLUNTEERS FROM MORE THAN 40 COUNTRIES IN THE LAST 15 MONTHS.
We are in the process of developing our workaway program and how we can best benefit our volunteers and community. Right now, our primary objective is developing programs to attract more business to our village and to market the many offerings in the area. If you have a background in social media, web development, social innovation and entrepreneurship and other business know-how, content marketing, etc.
Some help we currently require:
We welcome volunteers who have a willingness to help out. No experience is required but do let us know your skills. We welcome volunteers who have a willingness to help out. No experience is required but do let us know your skills.
- EASY ENGLISH conversation + PLAY games at a local school with kids between 6-12, also kids 3 yo. to adults on weekend and sometimes during the week.
- We need a social media expert to help manage our facebook and instagram pages, update it with nice photos during your stay here and also to expand/good review our social media presence and personality on workaway page, TripAdvisor page. Somebody with some knowledge in marketing/tourism to come up with good ideas to help promote us.
- A good graphic designer that can help up with some brochures and banner designing.
- WE NEED SOMEBODY WITH EXPERIENCE TO HELP US WITH WEBSITE.
- A gardener/planter or somebody with ‘green fingers’ to come help with our small organic farm!
- Most of all, we need people who are responsible and fun! We help out often at local schools/temples and charities, so it’ll be great if you’ve had experience, of if you don’t, we can all learn and have fun along the way!
Other daily activities usually involve a short general cleaning session after breakfast in the morning,cleaning restroom,sweeping and raking fallen leaves and cleaning the house area and also tidying up the area, and then a visit to schools to help out in the afternoon (or other activity), and that’s probably about it!
*️️WE ARE IN NEEDYOU, WHO HAVE ANY ARTISTIC TALENT OR CAN DRAW CARTOONS IT WILL BE GOOD ADVANTAGE TO HELP US OUT!! *️️
Our volunteer area can house 8 volunteers between 2 rooms. The rooms are located upstairs and are connected to a spacious deck.
Below, we have 4 bathrooms with showers. Volunteers will each receive a bed, bedding, fan and mosquito net, and share the room with other volunteers.
Lunches and dinners will be provided on weekend and you have access to an equipped kitchen. Also, there is a local small market nearby where you can buy food every morning.
*Please let us know if you have any special dietary requirements so we can make arrangements for you.
How to get to us:
From Chiang Mai bus terminal/airport, take a red minibus to the south Chiang Mai Gate (ประตูเชียงใหม่). From there, look around for a yellow minibus to the San Pa Tong Police Station (ที่ว่าการอำเภอสันป่าตอง). Each bus ride cost 20-30 baht a person, and the total journey to the police station is about 40-60 minutes.
When you arrive at the police station, call me or my friend (sorry we can’t post our number here, we’ll let you know in our message) and we will send a motortaxi to come pick you up. This costs 40 baht a person. We have had volunteers walking to us from the police station, but it’s about half an hour’s walk, so we might not recommend if you’re carrying heavy bags.
You can also hail or call a private taxi/tuktuk if you prefer. Price is about 300-400 baht and the travelling time is about 30 minutes from the airport.
PS: the buses around here don’t have any fix routes or stops. Just let the driver know where you’re going and see if he’s going the same way!
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️Motorbikes are not allowed, but we have free bicycles for you to borrow while you are here.